Friday, August 28, 2009

I guess I'll take that as a complement!

I think being a mom and feeling unappreciated at times just go hand in hand. And that's really ok with me. I don't think a person can truly grasp the depths of their parents' love until they are parents themselves.

Well yesterday the neighbor girls were over (T, age 9 and A, age 8). Carly and T were putting a puzzle together in the living room and I was sitting on the couch sorting through tubs of fall clothes for the boys. The girls were trying to find a specific puzzle piece and they thought it must be missing. I remembered that when we moved out of our house in SC, I gathered up stray game and puzzle pieces, put them into a little plastic baggy and put the baggy in the tub that stores the quiet time activities. So I brought that tub into the living room and started looking through the baggy.

When Carly and T saw that I was looking for their missing puzzle piece, Carly said, "You are a different kind of mom." I said, "What do you mean?" Carly said, "You hang around." I laughed and said, "Do you want me to leave?" They both said, "Nooooooo" and then Carly added, "A lot of moms just leave their kids to be by themselves but you don't."

I don't think she knew that that would mean a lot to me... but it did. And Carly, it's just like they say at Chick-Fila, "My pleasure."

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet, very sweet indeed!

    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Katie, I agree that being a mom and feeling unappreciated at time do go hand in hand. This is a very sweet thing of Carly to say and I'm glad it gave you a boost :). Even today when I went to my photogrpahy shoot, Blaine said "Mom, I don't want you to go work, I want you to always stay with me." It was sweet! I can tell you are a great mother and sacrifice a lot out of love for your children. May you be blessed by the fruit of your hands!

    ReplyDelete